Sunday, December 25, 2011

Panhard rod & rear brakes installed

I'm on vacation from work right now, so my FFR build is on FIRE! Updating the blog is lagging a bit behind the actual work.

Got the panhard rod installed. For those that don't know, it's the long, shiny bar.

And the rear rotors and brake calipers got installed. Had to do some shimming to get the calipers on the rotors straight.

Now that the front and rear brakes were assembled, I could do a test fit of my wheels. Opened up one of the wheel boxes and fit the rim up. Here's the front, and now you can see why I painted my F panels this color:

And the rear:

So far so good. I ordered a pair of cleco pliers and set of clecos for the upcoming aluminum work. And this week I'm going to place an order for my engine, tranny, and EFI system. Details on all of that in future blog posts.

Since today is Christmas, here's what Santa brought me for my FFR.

Torque wrenches:

And Cobra valve covers and air cleaner:

Santa knows girls like shiny things for Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment