Friday, December 23, 2011

Front brakes and rear end installed

The day after I installed my front shocks, Koni sent a recall alert. Thankfully my date codes were easy to access and were outside of the affected date range, so I was good to go. I'm not very far along in the build and haven't bolted many parts on, so it would suck to have to unbolt the parts that I just put on and send them back. So the build continues.

I got my front brake calipers assembled, which was easier to do on the workbench.

Then it was time to put the front rotors on and bolt the calipers on.

Assembled front end.

Next was the rear end, which has been sitting on a furniture dolly ever since it was painted and assembled. I got the control arms bolted on, then we wheeled the rear end under the car.

Just a few small snags here. The bolts to mount the control arms to the frame were missing in the hardware bag, so Zac made a quick run to Ace hardware to get temporary bolts. We ordered the correct strength bolts through McMaster-Carr, which will be here next week and I can switch the temporary bolts out. Also, the rear shock springs came in contact with the frame, so we decided to flip the shocks upside down for better clearance.

I'm glad I painted the rear end glossy black, which matches the frame nicely.

And here's the rear end with the floor jack rolled away! In the background, more cardboard boxes broken down. I can now fit my wheels and lower steering shaft boxes in the garage and move them out of the front living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment